What?? How did you get that? Is just what I thought about on Tuesday after an email orchestrated by 3 people had gone terribly wrong... Unfortunately, the receiver read so much into that email that clearly wasn't there. Unfortunately, the reader tried to read between the lines and when he/she did took matters into their own hands. Now here is where I have a problem! Ask what the email means first. Second, don't accuse people of wrong doing - that's being judgmental. Thirdly, never ever accuse someone of wrong doing in a public setting. Here's the reason why:
- By treating people like this in public - you in turn lessen your voice to the people.
- You lose respect.
- You have no self control.
- You show that you have no patience.
- You show that you are judging others.
- Could I be wrong in the assumption of this email? This could also relate to text messages as well!
- Does this aid me in sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ?
- Have I lost my mind?
Shame on you! My prayers are with you as you learn to take the log out of your own eye first.
Matthew 7:3-5English Standard Version (ESV)
3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye Scripture from www.biblegateway.com
My goal in this post is just to make you think before you choose to accuse....
Of course this post could possibly be related to just about anything that people deal with daily.
Blessings for a beautiful weekend!